JOB SUMMARY: The Director of Marketing leads the census development efforts through building positive relationships with referral sources and qualified prospects and educating them on the community’s philosophy and services. The Director of Marketing guides prospects through the decision-making process by evaluating their needs, desires, and wants. They are also responsible for overseeing all marketing activities of the community.
- Develop and implement an effective marketing plan to include:
- Visiting with referral sources
- Hosting events at the community for qualified prospects and referral sources
- Developing event and advertising themes
- Mailing promotional/brochure information to prospects and stocking community advertising placards
- Attend daily community “stand-up” meetings for information
- Make sure marketing literature is available for use. Coordinate printing under Executive Directors supervision. Establish tour-marketing
- Seek and build positive relationships with the surrounding community, particularly referral sources, i.e. Skilled Nursing Homes, Hospital Discharge Planners, Home Health Agencies, Physicians, Realtors, Estate Planners, State Social Workers,
- Educate community staff as to their role in marketing and presenting the community (Customer Service Program).
- Join community groups and attend meetings to build goodwill in the surrounding area, educate members about the community, and develop positive
- Organize special events and marketing presentations.
- Coordinate public relations and advertising with Executive Director for special
- Attend seminars and participate in any company training for marketing and
- Create and prepare articles of interest for quarterly community
- Perform community analysis to include the compilation of information about competitor rates and services, prospect location, SWOT analysis, and more.
- Special projects as assigned by Executive
- Maintain up-to-date records of all communication with prospective customers using the company system, including following company standards for lead follow up and discovery for each load from date of inquiry to move
- Possess and maintain a strong knowledge of the community, its benefits, the services provided, healthcare services overall, the residents and
- Build positive and trusting relationships with prospects through:
- Listening to the needs of the
- Asking questions to acquire more information about the prospect’s situation and
- Presenting the benefits of the residence to the prospect and how the prospect’s needs can be met.
- Introducing prospects and their families to other employees, residents and families and providing opportunities for them to experience the benefits of the
- Following up with prospects regularly, based on their needs and time
- Guiding the prospect to make a decision that best meets their
- Maintain or exceed budgeted census and mix.
- Establish daily tour preparation program and conduct successful tours. Train alternative staff on the tour
- Provide regular reports to the Executive Director and Management Company regarding sales achievements, status of interested prospects, census changes, and implementation of the marketing plan and participate in weekly status conference
- Compile information to complete the Pre-admission Evaluation for appropriate placement review.
- Coordinate with the nursing department and Executive Director for nurse assessment and final move-in date and
- Inform all employees of pending move-in date and the necessary information about the resident and verify the apartment is ready for move-in.
- Provide the resident/family with all move-in paperwork and ensure that it is completed and returned within the specified time frame prior to move-in.
- Assist the resident and his or her family with the transition process through on-going communication, sensitivity and
- Communicate with the welcoming committee about the move in date to assure the new resident is greeted per company
- Genuine concern for and ability to work with the
- Knowledge of the requirements for providing care and supervision to the
- Ability to train, lead, and motivate
- Ability to manage and prioritize a large, complex
- Must be able to utilize standard precaution knowledge and infection control measures where required.
- Possess sufficient communication and language skill to perform job duties and to clearly and effectively communicate with groups and individuals and to express ideas clearly in
- Ability to apply the principles of public
- Ability to make sound decisions when faced with ambiguous situations and to function effectively despite conflicting information, yet seeking appropriate guidance, when
- Intermediate level computer skills and Microsoft Word software
- Ability to work with superiors and within the parameters of corporate policies and
- Ability to act and appear professional at all times utilizing the company dress
- Possesses an exceptional attendance and work
- Must be able to work weekends, nights and holidays as needed to provide exceptional prospective customer service as directed by
- Must be able to execute the marketing plan with visits, meetings and outreach by providing own
College degree preferred in Communications, Marketing/Sales, or Public Relations.
Preferred three to five years sales experience in senior housing industry. Minimum- at least one year in sales and marketing related to Assisted Living.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
In a typical eight-hour day, employee will:
- Stand/walk frequently, punctuated by opportunities to
- Sit frequently, up to 1-2 hours at a time, punctuated by varying intervals to
- Constantly Frequent Occasional Rarely
- Occasionally kneel, bend, and reach while filing paperwork for items <15#.
- Secure proper assistance for transferring and lifting of residents as needed (training required for this task)
- Vision-must be able to read clearly with or without corrective
- Hearing- Must be able to hear telephone, audible alarms, bells, and signals related to resident safety, with or without hearing
- Speech/language- must have strong command of the English language sufficient to read and write and interpret medical and administrative
- Bloodborne exposure category: Low
Marina Isle is an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of race, color, national origin, citizenship status, creed, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, political ideology, veteran status, or any category protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, reduction in force, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. We fully comply with our legal duty to provide reasonable accommodations to allow people with disabilities to apply for and perform their jobs. If you have a disability that would affect your ability to perform the essential functions of this job you must let us know prior to accepting the position and as soon as possible should a change occur.
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
When it comes to deciding the best option for retirement living, there are many to consider. Whether you’re looking for a place to spend your... Read More
Maintaining a healthy lifestyle as you age is just as important as it was in your younger years. We believe incorporating a combination of movement,... Read More
As the caretaker for your aging parents, there are a few things you should consider when searching for an assisted living community. At Marina Isle... Read More