Phenomenal dining, a thriving art community, exciting events, and lakefront views. These are the perks of living within minutes of downtown Sanford. Situated near beautiful Lake Monroe, historic Sanford, Florida has exceptional year-round weather and more amenities than you could possibly hope for. That’s why Marina Isle was built just two blocks from the lively city center. Our assisted living facility is meant to provide you with all of the comforts of home while also keeping you connected to a vibrant and fun community in which you can actively participate.
Your Guide to Downtown Sanford
While you certainly won’t be disappointed with the daily meals provided at Marina Isle, it’s always special to be able to enjoy a nice evening out with visiting family members or lunch on the town during one of our many day trips to downtown Sanford. The dining in Sanford has been labeled as “world-class”, and for good reason. Fresh seafood is in abundance being so close to the Atlantic ocean and fresh, local ingredients are vital components to many restaurants’ food preparations. Hollerbach’s Willow Tree Cafe German Restaurant and The Breezeway Restuarant and Bar are two of the highest-rated restaurants in town.
Gallery on First is a popular art gallery located in the heart of downtown. It houses many talented artists’ works and offers a public workspace where artists can show off their creative process to interested onlookers. The Sanford Art Walk also occurs on the third Saturday of every month from 6 pm to 9 pm. This event boasts a walking tour through the city’s most loved art venues. Local businesses and restaurants often participate as well showcasing artist’s work.
Sanford is never lacking in fun activities or ways to engage with the community. Below you’ll find a list of recurring monthly events that support local businesses and are completely free to attend:
- Sanford Food Truck Fiesta on the third Saturday of every month from 5 pm to 9 pm. This event offers more than 12 food trucks, live music, and outdoor seating is provided.
- Alive After 5 on the second Thursday of every month from 5 pm to 8 pm. The theme for this event changes monthly, but you’ll find themes ranging from Mardi Gras to Oktoberfest for this recurring street party celebration.
- Sanford Marketplace occurs every Saturday from 9 am to 3 pm. You’ll love all of the local goodies to be found at this year-round farmers market.
- West First Fridays on the first Friday of every month from 6 pm to 12 am. Local vendors are plentiful at this event with live music, food, and drinks.
- Sanford Art Walk on the third Saturday of every month from 6 pm to 9 pm.
- Sanford Avenue Block Party on the fourth Saturday of every month from 5 pm to 9 pm. The vendors on Sanford Ave & 3rd host this block party with music, food, and drinks.
We weren’t kidding. Sanford is an exceptional place to live that thrives on community involvement. The residents of Marina Isle Assisted Living are encouraged to participate in the fun downtown Sanford has to offer as often as they’d like.
Contact us today to learn more about life at Marina Isle.
When it comes to deciding the best option for retirement living, there are many to consider. Whether you’re looking for a place to spend your... Read More
Maintaining a healthy lifestyle as you age is just as important as it was in your younger years. We believe incorporating a combination of movement,... Read More
As the caretaker for your aging parents, there are a few things you should consider when searching for an assisted living community. At Marina Isle... Read More