“No Resident Left Alone”
At times there may be circumstances which restrict Resident visitation, such as pandemic flu or presence of infectious diseases which may require isolation. Florida Statute 408.823, the “No Patient Left Alone Act” requires Marina Isle Assisted Living to implement policy that allows a Resident to have in-person visits by an Essential Caregiver during these circumstances. The visitation policies and procedures required by this statute must allow in-person visitation by Essential Caregivers in all of the following circumstances, unless the resident, client, or patient objects:
1. End-of-life situations.
2. A resident, client, or patient who was living with family before being admitted to the provider’s care is struggling with the change in environment and lack of in-person family support.
3. The resident, client, or patient is making one or more major medical decisions.
4. A resident, client, or patient is experiencing emotional distress or grieving the loss of a friend or family member who recently died.
5. A resident, client, or patient needs cueing or encouragement to eat or drink which was previously provided by a family member or caregiver.
6. A resident, client, or patient who used to talk and interact with others is seldom speaking.
Marina Isle Assisted Living requires the following procedures to comply with the statute. Before in-person visitation, all Essential Caregivers must adhere to the following procedures:
1. Sign in upon entering the facility and before interacting with any staff, residents, family members or friends.
2. Comply with the Infection control and education policies for visitors. Infection Control policies may require a visitor to wear Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) including properly wear a face mask and other necessary PPE and perform hand hygiene. Staff will provide directions on the proper use of PPE.
3. The Visitor shall sign this policy acknowledging an understanding of visitation policies. Failure of visitors to adhere to the policy shall result in suspension of in-person visitation.
4. Submit to a Screening which may include temperatures and/or a questionnaire about health status.
5. Visitation hours will be 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. as per FS 429.28 (1)(d). Any visitation outside of those hours will be considered upon request to the Administrator. During these hours, in-person visitation by the essential caregiver is allowed for at least 2 hours daily in addition to any other visitation authorized by the provider.
6. While minimizing physical contact and social distancing may be encouraged to limit exposure, consensual physical contact between a resident, client, or patient and the visitor is NOT prohibited.
7. A resident, client, or patient may designate a visitor who is a family member, friend, guardian, or other individual as an essential caregiver.
8. This section does not require an essential caregiver to provide necessary care to a resident, client, or patient of a provider, and providers may not require an essential caregiver to provide such care.
Marina Isle Assisted Living takes our commitment to the wellbeing of our Residents seriously, and this includes a resident’s right to visitation with their family. If you or your loved one have been met with resistance from a hospital, hospice, or long-term care facility, when attempting to visit with loved ones, you may file a complaint with the Agency for Healthcare Administration for further review and action.
Submitting this complaint online may assist the Agency in expediting review with the goal of swift resolution. If you prefer to make this complaint via phone, the Agency has established a dedicated phone line for visitation related complaints 888-775-6055. The link to the complaint portal is HCF Complaint Form | AHCA – Health Care Facility Complaint Form (myflorida.com).
If you have questions or comments regarding this policy, then please contact the Administrator of Marina Isle Assisted Living at 407.499.7300.
Fall Special: Rates starting as low as $2995 if you contact us today. We have incomparable waterfront views and amenities. Call 407-499-7300 to lock in... Read More
Summer Special: Rates starting as low as $2995 if you contact us today. We have incomparable waterfront views and amenities. Call 407-499-7300 to lock in... Read More
We have an amazing ‘Move-In Special’ for this month of May! Lease by May 31st and move in the month of June 2021 and receive... Read More